The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) is a voluntary program that compensates eligible landowners for installing practices on sensitive lands and to improve water quality and habitat for wildlife on eligible private land.

   In exchange for enrolling land, landowners receive an annual rental payment and cost-share assistance. CRP contracts run 10 to 15 years. 

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will resume accepting applications for Continuous CRP for limited practices through Aug. 23, 2019. The USDA stopped accepting applications last fall when the 2014 Farm Bill authority expired. 

The 2019 continuous CRP enrollment includes limited practices. Available practices include grassed waterways, filter strips, farmable wetlands, riparian buffers and wetland restorations.  

For a complete list of practices, visit the CRP Continuous Enrollment Period page at  

There are no additional signing incentives, practice incentives or soil rental rate incentives with this sign up. Landowners will receive annual rental payments and cost share assistance.

For more information about the current continuous CRP sign up, contact the Farm Service Agency (FSA) in Cambridge at 110 Buchanan Street North. The phone number is 763-689-3354. 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.